- No specific level of education is required. High school diploma or equivalent preferred. The position requires the ability to accurately perform basic mathematical functions.
- Must live within 30 miles of the assigned property.
- Must have reliable transportation due to the emergency on-call requirement
- EPA certification Type I and II
- Other licenses and certifications as required by local, state or federal law
- Position requires individuals to be able to use general maintenance equipment including, but not limited to, hand tools, ladders, refrigerant recovery units, landscaping equipment, and required safety equipment
- All equipment must be used without jeopardizing the safety of themselves, fellow associates, and residents
- Appropriate safety equipment and apparel must be worn including proper footwear (work boots)
- Must be able to diagnose problems with and assist with repair of the following:
- Major appliances
- HVAC, including EPA Certification
- Basic-Intermediate plumbing
- Basic-Intermediate electrical (when no license required)
- General carpentry
- Pool care (if required by community)
- Roofs and gutters
- General irrigation maintenance and repairs
- Fountain maintenance and repairs
- Foundation/sidewalk repairs
- Ice/snow removal
- Golf carts and small engine maintenance
Requires frequent lifting and moving of up to 75 pounds when using machinery and equipment for essential maintenance tasks, including but not limited to installing outside air conditioning units. Requires frequent bending and/or stooping to access equipment and machinery necessary for essential maintenance tasks. Also requires frequent use of ladders and stepladders to access equipment and machinery necessary for essential maintenance tasks.