Education/Experience and Technical Requirements:
- Ability to maintain a neat and organized work space
- Excellent customer service
- Excellent communication skill
- Ability to quickly learn new computer software programs
- Ability to ready, write and speak English fluently
- Accuracy and attention to detail
- Ability to work independently, practice time management, and prioritize tasks
- Able to work at least one Saturday and Sunday each month
- Must be available to work during spring, summer and fall terms
- Must be enrolled part or full time to Columbia College Chicago, DePaul University, Robert Morris University or Roosevelt University
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
- Ability to stand for a long period of time
- Able to lift 50 lbs. or more from the ground to counter height continuously during scheduled shifts
- Able to lift 25 lbs. from waist to overhead shelves continuously during scheduled shifts
- Ability to lift and reach items up to 6’ above the ground without assistance
- Ability to lift and carry tools, equipment and materials in loads of 50 lbs. or more.
- Constantly operates a computer and other office productivity machinery (i.e., a calculator, copy machine, and computer printer)
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle or feel; and reach with hands and arms.