Responsible for directing the maintenance operations of apartment communities throughout the Peak portfolio. This position may be utilized in a variety of ways and offers opportunity for exposure to a variety of maintenance challenges.
- Complete service requests according to the Peak Campus Service Request policies.
- Assist the Property Manager or Regional Manager in supervising maintenance staff and, as needed, directly scheduling property repairs with outside contractors.
- Prioritize and assign service requests to maintenance team. Monitor daily completion of service requests and follow up on any outstanding items. Assist in the completion of service requests as necessary.
- Inspect grounds, buildings, and other community features daily to minimize liability concerns and to ensure excellent curb appeal at all times
- Maintain all amenities according to Peak policy
- Assist with the general upkeep and cleaning of office, common areas and model as needed
- Maintain a preventative maintenance program, according to Peak.
- Manage maintenance supply inventory while adhering to budget guidelines
- Maintain well-organized and properly stocked maintenance shop while adhering to safety standards and OSHA guidelines, per Peak policy.
- Maintain Hazard Communications program per Peak policy; Train and promote safe work practices
- Identify and implement energy-saving measures that promote conservation
- Responsible for key control program per Peak policy.
- Complete inspections per Peak policy. Help repair/complete any items requiring attention.
- Interview candidates for available maintenance positions and participate in the selection process of new hires by making recommendations to the Property Manager/Regional Manager
- Lead and help complete due diligence and take overs for new property acquisitions.
- Assist residents with the move-in/ move-out process.
- Schedule and direct workers in performance of all maintenance/repairs related to turn events within budgeted guidelines. Supervise all vendors and contractors throughout the turn process
- Supervise maintenance team in preparing vacant units for marketing to include restoration and cleaning
- Direct workers in performance of scheduled maintenance on all equipment based on the manufacturer's recommendations and operating manuals
- Provide world class customer service
- Maintain accurate records at all times
- Perform additional tasks and responsibilities as required
This position reports directly to the National Facilities Manager.
Internal Interfaces with:
- Peak Corporate Office to include:
- Regional VP/Regional Managers
- Human Resources
- Information Technology
External Interfaces with:
- Service Technicians
- University Departments
- Community Officials