- As a member of the Residence Life team, provides leadership for residence education programs through work with students and supervision of Resident Advisors.
- Assist the Director of Residence Life in supervision of one or more of the following areas: Judicial Administration, Staff Programming Administration, Supervision of Residence Services Desk, Leadership Development (Advising UCRC, staff training, etc.), Staff Selection/Evaluation, Special Programs Administration (health and wellness, fitness center, diet, smoking cessation, alcohol/drug education, artistic/educational displays, diversity issues), Food Service Committee Coordinator and other as needed.
- Fosters supportive and challenging multicultural environment focused on leadership through staff selection, training, community programming and interpersonal contact with staff and students.
- Supports and enforces all University Center and departmental policies and regulations; provides formal and informal disciplinary action. Investigates and responds to concerns or complaints by residents, parents and University staff members.
- Participates in fire safety and security procedures in the building, including efforts to provide a safe and healthy environment for residents and guests.
- Provides leadership in various assigned summer projects, departmental policy review, staff manual review and other necessary committee work. Conducts conduct of summer housing residents and provides programming.
- Coordinates living/learning programs. Provides direction for programming, community development and educational initiatives.
- Serves as an administrative staff member sharing on-call/on-duty with live-in professional staff.
- Serves as a liaison with maintenance and housekeeping staff. Communicates concerns or needs for the physical improvements of the building.
- Participates in various campus-wide events and activities.
- Other duties as assigned
Provides formal supervision to individual employees within single functional or operational area. Recommends staff recruitment, selection, promotion, advancement, corrective
action and termination. Plans and monitors appropriate staffing levels and utilization of labor, including overtime. Prepares and delivers performance appraisal for staff. Mentors and coaches team members to further develop competencies. Leads by example and models behaviors that are consistent with the company's values.